Saturday, January 5, 2013

A Smile For A Shabbat

Every once in a while a photo is sent out into cyberspace and it touches the heart of millions.  This picture is one of them.  It is just a little girl reaching out and grasping the world in her hand.
A stunning photograph that captures the moment when a newly born baby emerges from her mother’s womb has become one of the first viral hits of 2013 after the proud parents posted it on Facebook for friends and family to share.

Alicia Atkins of Glendale, Arizona gave birth to daughter, Nevaeh, via Caesarean section on October 9. Her husband Randy snapped this touching image of a baby entering the world for the first time and grabbing hold of the doctor’s fingers.

'The doctor called me over and said, "Hey, she's grabbing my finger,"' Randy told 3TV News. 'So I ran over there and just grabbed the shot and I was just in awe looking at it. It was such an amazing picture.'

She also wrote: 'This was 10 weeks ago when I was having my c-section and Dr. Sawyer broke my water and my daughter reached up out of my stomach and grabbed the Dr.'s finger and my hubby caught this special moment.

Source


Such a small hand but such a great smile she has brought to the world.  And a nice smile for this Shabbat.