In case you missed it--Below is the list of all 23 Executive Orders regarding gun control issued by Obama today. One thing the POTUS missed...there is no executive order preventing the Federal Government from selling weapons to Mexican Drug Cartels...everyone would support that one.
THE WHITE HOUSEIf your doctor starts to question you about the guns you might have (or not have), the best answer to his/her question is:
Office of the Press Secretary
EMBARGOED UNTIL THE START OF THE PRESIDENT’S REMARKS
January 16, 2013
Gun Violence Reduction Executive Actions
Today, the President is announcing that he and the Administration will:
1. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal agencies to make relevant data available to the federal background check system.
2. Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from making information available to the background check system.
3. Improve incentives for states to share information with the background check system.
4. Direct the Attorney General to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks.
5. Propose rule making to give law enforcement the ability to run a full background check on an individual before returning a seized gun.
6. Publish a letter from ATF to federally licensed gun dealers providing guidance on how to run background checks for private sellers.
7. Launch a national safe and responsible gun ownership campaign.
8. Review safety standards for gun locks and gun safes (Consumer Product Safety Commission).
9. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal law enforcement to trace guns recovered in criminal investigations.
10. Release a DOJ report analyzing information on lost and stolen guns and make it widely available to law enforcement.
11. Nominate an ATF director.
12. Provide law enforcement, first responders, and school officials with proper training for active shooter situations.
13. Maximize enforcement efforts to prevent gun violence and prosecute gun crime.
14. Issue a Presidential Memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence.
15. Direct the Attorney General to issue a report on the availability and most effective use of new gun safety technologies and challenge the private sector to develop innovative technologies.
16. Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes.
17. Release a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits them from reporting threats of violence to law enforcement authorities.
18. Provide incentives for schools to hire school resource officers.
19. Develop model emergency response plans for schools, houses of worship and institutions of higher education.
20. Release a letter to state health officials clarifying the scope of mental health services that Medicaid plans must cover.
21. Finalize regulations clarifying essential health benefits and parity requirements within ACA exchanges.
22. Commit to finalizing mental health parity regulations.
23. Launch a national dialogue led by Secretaries Sebelius and Duncan on mental health
"None of your damn business!"It is not within your doctor's business about what you legally own. Notice that the President doesn't want the doctor to ask how many video games you have and what type you play. Or what movies you want.
If you are a doctor forget about asking this question. It is none of your business. Care for the physical problems of your patents and leave the rest alone.
Why is it that these idiots believe that it is the clips of ammo that cause the problem? I have seen men and women change clips so fast that it didn't matter how many bullets were in the clip.
And 7 bullets is a recipe for disaster. While the 2nd Amendment is not about hunting, I will bring this up. I know hunters who have been treed by bears, mountain lions, etc... 7 bullets will not stop a determine carnivore. In fact, 7 bullets will not bring down a Moose. So much for allowing hunters to hunt.
The President will not be happy until he disarms every American. Like every dictator he needs the American people to be disarmed so they cannot rise up and stop him.