Thursday, October 8, 2009

Day 18: The Impossible Dream!


Experts on the addiction of Nicotine claim that it takes 21 days for the human body to be totally rid of the toxins from smoking. And the journey back to a healthy body is a painful one.

But it seems to me that each day it is getting easier to quit. That what I first thought were insurmountable odds and an impossible quest, is turning into nothing more than a difficult journey, not the climb to the summit of Mount Everest.

While before I decided to quit, I would treat myself to a smoke after I finished a post, now I revel in the satisfaction of doing a good job (I just might get me some fancy chocolates to treat myself).

Quitting isn't hard if you really want to quit, if you have support from your family and friends, and you have help from G-d. I think I have prayed more these last 18 days than I did in the last few years.

If you do smoke and want to quit talk to your doctor. He or She will be able to help you get started.

And today's inspiration is a classic:

Impossible Dream




Enjoy today and everyday!

1 comment:

Alexander Münch said...

For you this is day 18 right?
For me it is day 16!
If you fall, I will hit the ground FIRST!
So keep holding on!