Wednesday, December 16, 2009

What Is Up With Seattle?

On July 28, 2006 at 4:00 pm (1600 hours), Naveed Afzal Haq opened fire at the Jewish Federation of Greater Seattle building in the Belltown neighborhood of Seattle, Washington. His attack injured 5 women, killing Pamela Waechter.
Haq like the Mumbai killers, purposely chose a Jewish target for his attack. Shortly before 4 p.m., Haq is reported to have forced his way through the Jewish Federation building's security door armed with two large-caliber semi-automatic pistols, a knife, and extra ammunition. Police believe Haq entered the lobby of the building and grabbed the 14-year-old niece of Federation employee Cheryl Stumbo. Haq allegedly held a gun to the girl's back and forced her to use the intercom in order to gain entry to the Federation's offices.

With a gun to her back, Haq reportedly told the girl, "Open the door," and "careful", as she was buzzed into the building. Haq then said, "I'm only doing this for a statement," and proceeded to follow the girl up the stairs to the second floor. Haq stopped to ask receptionist Layla Bush about speaking with a manager, at which point the girl walked to a bathroom and locked herself inside. At this point, Cheryl Stumbo asked fellow employee Carol Goldman to call 911. But, before Goldman could complete a call, Haq shot her in the knee.  Her niece, in the bathroom, heard her and dialed 911.

Witnesses reported that Haq began shouting "I'm a Muslim American; I'm angry at Israel" before he began his shooting spree.
He is a Muslim on a killing spree, therefore he is not responsible for his actions as he must be insane.  The first jury hearing his case almost bought into that conclusion brought forth by his dimwit, Moonbat defense team.  But not all of them did.  So Haq was retried.

The verdict is in on this second trial.
A jury on Tuesday declared Naveed Haq guilty of murder in his second trial for the 2006 shooting spree at a Seattle Jewish center.

Haq was found guilty of all eight counts against him. The 34-year-old man will spend the rest of his life in prison.

Haq showed no reaction as the verdict was read, but victims in the courtroom hugged and clasped hands.

Jurors on Tuesday rejected Haq's defense that he was not guilty by reason of insanity. His lawyers acknowledged that he committed the shooting but said his mental illness kept him from understanding what he was doing.

They also conceded he poses a danger to the public and should never be free, but asked jurors to send him to a state mental hospital rather than prison. They declined comment after the verdict.

Prosecutor Don Raz said he was pleased the verdict would bring closure to the victims.

Raz argued Haq wasn't insane - just angry - when he stormed the Jewish Federation of Greater Seattle.

"He was tired that no one was listening to the Muslim point of view. He wanted that point of view heard," Raz told jurors as Haq's second trial opened in October.

Read the full story here.
Why is it that this story is not beinjg carried by the American press?  Can it be that the American press is afraid of publishing a story in which a Muslim is found guilty of murdering Jews without being found insane?  How can they get CAIR to deny spin this to the leftist, anti-Semetic way.  So instead they choose to ignore it.

I wonder if the attacks on Mumbai and Fort Hood had an effect on this jury that the last one didn't have.  And it is too bad that Washington does not have a death penalty any more.

But for the victims, justice has been served.


WomanHonorThyself said...

because the MSM are useless dhimmis!!

Gary Fouse said...

The Orange County Register reported it in a tiny news brief on the back page. In contrast, the conservative Washington Times responded with a full editorial. I also put up a posting on fousesquawk. To ignore these stories is criminal negligence.