Thursday, December 31, 2009

RESOLUTIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!





Every New Year's Eve I like many people around the world make a resolution or resolutions to change something in their lives.

For me last January 1st, I vowed to quit smoking.  I did try in January and failed badly.  Then I forgot about my resolution.  Until September.  Then I tried again.  But this time I had help.  I went Cold Turkey but had on-line support from QuitNetI have been free of nicotine for 102 Days!!!  I didn't think I could do it!.




If you are thinking of quiting in 2010 give QuitNet a try. They have a very good success rate.  Quitting smoking can be done!!!!!!!  I know that for a fact.  Do it for yourself, your children, your grandchildren, your spouse, for your cat, for your dog, because Barack Obama hasn't been able to.  JUST DO IT!

This year I have a new resolution.  This year I plan to lose 2 dress sizes.  Or about 50 lbs (22.67 kg).  If I can quit smoking, I can lose a few pounds.  What is your resolution?


4 comments:

Right Truth said...

I don't make new year resolutions Katie. I would just break them, ha.

Happy New Year.

Debbie
Right Truth
http://www.righttruth.typepad.com

Maggie Thornton said...

Like Debbie, I just don't make resolutions. It is too depressing to make them.

Hey, fascinating on how you have quit. I think you are definetly free of the habit now, although maybe not free of the urges. I've heard that takes a few years. I have never smoked and haven't faced this challenge but I know it is monumental.

Happy, happy New Year findalis.

Sabra said...

I am not going to call it a resolution, per se, Findalis, but I will be thrilled to follow in your footsteps. Two dress sizes? That equals 50 pounds? Oh my. I'll be happy with a dress size. Not that I couldn't stand to lose two, but even one would be significant. Two? I'd be back to my pre-happiness weight. Oooh. [Squeal of delight!!!]

Findalis said...

@Sabra. I gained 50 lbs quitting smoking (2 dress sizes). That is what the scale said to me (and my wardrobe). Results may vary in each case.