Friday, June 1, 2012

Boy The Way Glenn Miller Played



Archie Bunker, was a working-class family man who held bigoted, conservative views of the world. His viewpoints clash with nearly everyone he comes into contact with especially his liberal son-in-law Mike Stivic (or, as Archie delights in calling him, "Meathead").

Today Archie would be a member of the TEA Party.  Meathead would be encouraging the OWS idiots.  Some things never change.

Listen carefully to the lyrics:





Boy the way Glenn Miller played
Songs that made the hit parade.
Guys like us we had it made,
Those were the days.

And you knew who you were then,
Girls were girls and men were men,
Mister we could use a man
Like Herbert Hoover again.

Didn't need no welfare state,
Everybody pulled his weight.
Gee our old LaSalle ran great.
Those were the days

For those who don't know who Glenn Miller was:






3 comments:

Storm'n Norm'n said...

Boy !!! the way Glenn Miller played !!!
Would I be telling my age if I actually seen the Dorsey Brothers...better yet, I also heard the adults talk about the day Glenn Miller went missing in action..
Those were the days!!!

Right Truth said...

We used to watch Archie. I had forgotten the words to the song.

Debbie
Right Truth
http://www.righttruth.typepad.com

PatriotUSA said...

I am a bit younger than you, Stormin' and I LOVE Glenn MIller and Dorsey.

Damn fine music and I HATE today's C(rap) and hip hop. Utter garbage!