Tuesday, June 17, 2008

A Loony Toon Foreign Policy

Gentle Truth Seekers I could not begin to make this one up. When I first read the article that I am commenting on, I became hysterical and had to read it 5 times. I still don't believe it.

In the past the world has experienced many different theories of how foreign policy should be formulated and utilized. There was the Marxist view, trying to bring the whole world under the domination of the former Soviet Union. There was the Domino Theory, in which one nation that falls under Communism will cause the neighboring nations to fall under Communism. We experienced Teddy Roosevelt's Big Stick policy, in which he claimed, had the right not only to oppose European intervention in the Western Hemisphere, but also to intervene in the domestic affairs of our neighbors if they proved unable to maintain order and national sovereignty on their own. In essence this policy was reduced to, "We are going to intervene to prevent you from intervening." Woodrow Wilson's Fourteen Points, which became the basis for the Treaty of Versailles following World War I. But never before has a foreign policy been based on a children's book. Until now.

I present to you Barack Hussein Obama's new foreign policy theory. Winnie the Pooh. No I'm not joking and this is not an April Fool's Joke. Richard Danzig, former Navy Secretary under President Bill Clinton said:

“Winnie the Pooh seems to me to be a fundamental text on national security.”

Mr Danzig spelt out the need to change by reading a paragraph from chapter one of the children’s classic, which says: “Here is Edward Bear, coming downstairs now, bump, bump, bump on the back of his head behind Christopher Robin. It is, as far as he knows, the only way of coming down stairs. But sometimes he thinks there really is another way if only he could stop bumping a minute and think about it.”
That's just the sort of thing I'd expect Eeyore to say. Considering the source, I can see that another Jackass is at work. Mr. Danzig I hate to inform you about this, but Winnie the Pooh is a fictional children's book. Not a text on foreign policy.

But Winnie the Pooh isn't his only source for a foreign policy. He also believes the "War on Terror" would best be fought by using Jedi Knights.

He spelt out how American troops, spies and anti-terrorist officials could learn key lessons by understanding the desire of terrorists to emulate superheroes like Luke Skywalker, and the lust for violence of violent football fans.

Mr. Danzig what you see in the movies is not real. Star Wars, while a good film, was a fictional story. I think you should stop watching movies, reading children's books and comic books. It is time to come into the real world.
He said that another lesson about terrorists can be learnt from studying violent football fans. “One of the best books I’ve read on terrorism in recent years was not about terrorism at all,” he said. “It’s Bill Buford’s book Among the Thugs, which is a description of soccer violence in Britain.
Actually I'm not using Football Thugs as a model for any foreign policy. I'm waiting for these men to finally get fed up with the Dhimmitude they are being forced into and start a real riot. Not over a football team, but over their deteriorating rights. Will you still be admiring them then?

This is just another reason why Barack Hussein Obama is unfit for the Office of President of the United States. His advisers live in another reality, far removed from the one the rest of us live in. And if his advisers feel and think this way, he too must follow this line of thought. And in this day and age makes Obama a very dangerous person to be put into the highest office of the land.

5 comments:

Jeremy Sarber said...

I've got an old collection of Golden Books that I should look through. I may learn all I need to know about politics and the ways of the world.

Findalis said...

It looks like that just might be the way to go. Or it will be if Obama is elected.

Rita Loca said...

Unreal!

WomanHonorThyself said...

I'm speechless!..perfect metaphor though!!!

Aurora said...

Oh my heck. It's the equivalent of a malevolent Forest Gump getting the highest office in the land!