Sunday, February 27, 2011

How About a Newt Gingrich - Allen West Ticket for November 2012?

Newt Gingrich is such a loose cannon. He says three things I love and then completely decimates conservatism with the fourth. At a Palm Beach County fundraiser, Gingrich said if he wins the Republican nomination for president he will "strongly consider" a Floridian as his running mate. He specifically mentioned new Republican Congressman Allen West, an American hero by every measure and a true conservative, which Gingrich is not.


When West was asked about the Gingrich statement he said this:
“I have to pray about it and I have to clear it with my wife and two daughters,” he added. “I never thought that seven years ago when I retired here I’d be a United States Congressman.”
I would come close to voting for whomever puts West on the ticket for Vice President, because I believe he will hold that person's feet to fire. The other bonus is, I would have the opportunity to vote for West for president in 2020.

How I would love to see West as a VP candidate! Read about West and the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) here. Watch West's CPAC 2011 video here. Allen West on The Patriot Act. Watch an incredible speech by West on Empowering Your Spirit. Read about West's amazing military career, and how he did the most he could to protect the men and women serving under him.

H/T Hot Air Pundit

Cross-posted by Maggie @ Maggie's Notebook

No comments: