Friday, January 2, 2009

Prayers for Israel and the IDF

Hat tip to Yid With LID


Being here in the US I feel disconnected from my friends and family in Israel. Other than blogging about Operation Cast Lead, I feel helpless at times. Not knowing what to do, how to help.

These are the times I turn to God. In His hands I place my troubles and woes, my thanks and joys. And I know that it is His will that moves this world.

In this time of turmoil prayer helps.


Prayer for The State of Israel

Our Father in Heaven, Rock and Redeemer of the people Israel; Bless the State of Israel, with its promise of redemption. Shield it with Your love; spread over it the shelter of Your peace. Guide its leaders and advisers with Your light and Your truth. Help them with Your good counsel. Strengthen the hands of those who defend our Holy Land. Deliver them; crown their efforts with triumph. Bless the land with peace, and its inhabitants with lasting joy. And let us say: Amen.

A short but sweet prayer.


Psalm 142 - For the Warriors of Israel (IDF)

1 Maschil of David, when he was in the cave; a Prayer.

2 With my voice I cry unto the Lord; with my voice I make supplication unto the Lord.

3 I pour out my complaint before Him, I declare before Him my trouble;

4 When my spirit fainteth within me--Thou knowest my path--in the way wherein I walk have they hidden a snare for me.

5 Look on my right hand, and see, for there is no man that knoweth me; I have no way to flee; no man careth for my soul.

6 I have cried unto Thee, O the Lord; I have said: 'Thou art my refuge, my portion in the land of the living.'

7 Attend unto my cry; for I am brought very low; deliver me from my persecutors; for they are too strong for me.

8 Bring my soul out of prison, that I may give thanks unto Thy name; the righteous shall crown themselves because of me; for Thou wilt deal bountifully with me.

And of course for the people of Sderot, Beersheva, Ashkelon, Ashdod, and the Western Negev.


Psalm 130

1 Out of the depths I cry to you, O Lord!
2 O Lord, hear my voice!
Let your ears be attentive
to the voice of my pleas for mercy!

3 If you, O Lord, should mark iniquities,
O Lord, who could stand?
4 But with you there is forgiveness,
that you may be feared.

5 I wait for the Lord, my soul waits,
and in his word I hope;
6 my soul waits for the Lord
more than watchmen for the morning,
more than watchmen for the morning.

7 O Israel, hope in the Lord!
For with the Lord there is steadfast love,
and with him is plentiful redemption.
8 And he will redeem Israel
from all his iniquities.


I'm sure there are many other Psalms and prayers that one can recite. And I'm sure that God, the most High listens to our pleas. I pray that He will answer them with a resounding victory for the nation of Israel.

No comments: