Monday, June 2, 2008

Vancouver: The Fight For Freedom

This is an ongoing series of reports from Covenant Zone in Vancouver.


I think we've got you on our hand-out for tomorrow morning at the local court house where we will be staging a small and low-key demonstration in support of free speech in Canada and the world at large. We've had a great reaction so far. Tomorrow at 8:00 we'll see who shows up to support us, and we'll see if the man on the street cares at all about this issue as of yet. In time we'll succeed but for now we're still not so well known.

My colleagues at Covenant Zone and I have put together two double-sided pages to hand out tomorrow. I have done a couple of my won that we won't hand out, this being Canada where people are professionally timid. The people are my friends and colleagues, so I make allowance, particularly given that I am a guest in this country. However, the Internet is not Canada, and the following links are from my blog, representing me alone.

Let us do nothing while there is time.

The soul selects her own society.

There are links to covenant zone at the bottom of each piece here. I'll try to write up a short intro for your blog, if I may post it there through you. This is a very foreign nation, stranger all the more so for being on the surface so much like America. It i not at all America. Here, the thought of free speech is not automatic, and the creature who claims the "free speech in an American concept" is right. my colleagues here are not strong believers in aggressive freedom. Thus, seeing them protesting in favor of Mark Steyn is remarkable to the nth degree. I hope this gives you and your readers some comfort, as it does me.

I'd like to be in touch with your blog more often that I have been, and if this trial winds down quickly I'll make an attempt to respond to comments direct to me there more promptly than I have so far. I apologize to your readers for that. I still have to make a living, poor excuse that that is but it's the one that has me.

---

Yalla,

Dag

You can find a copy of the leaflet that Covenant Zone has created here. Monkey in the Middle supports Free Speech every where in the world. Even in Canada. Our good neighbor to the North.

Covenant Zone meets every Every Thursday evening, 7-9 p.m, at the main public library in the atrium outside Blenz coffee bar they meet to discuss current events regarding jihad and Left dhimmi fascism.

If you are in the Vancouver area, you are welcome to join them.