Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I don’t carry a gun…

Cross posted from TexasFred
… to kill people. I carry a gun to keep from being killed.

I don’t carry a gun to scare people. I carry a gun because sometimes this world can be a scary place.

I don’t carry a gun because I’m paranoid. I carry a gun because there are real threats in the world.

I don’t carry a gun because I’m evil. I carry a gun because I have lived long enough to see the evil in the world.

I don’t carry a gun because I hate the government. I carry a gun because I understand the limitations of government.

I don’t carry a gun because I’m angry. I carry a gun so that I don’t have to spend the rest of my life hating myself for failing to be prepared.

I don’t carry a gun because my sex organs are too small. I carry a gun because I want to continue to use those sex organs for the purpose for which they were intended for a good long time to come.

I don’t carry a gun because I want to shoot someone. I carry a gun because I want to die at a ripe old age in my bed, and not on a sidewalk somewhere tomorrow afternoon.

I don’t carry a gun because I’m a cowboy. I carry a gun because, when I die and go to heaven, I want to be a cowboy.

I don’t carry a gun to make me feel like a man. I carry a gun because men know how to take care of themselves and the ones they love.

I don’t carry a gun because I feel inadequate. I carry a gun because unarmed and facing three armed thugs, I am inadequate.

I don’t carry a gun because I love it. I carry a gun because I love life and the people who make it meaningful to me.
Barack Obama said back in April:
You go into some of these small towns in Pennsylvania, and like a lot of small towns in the Midwest, the jobs have been gone now for 25 years and nothing’s replaced them. And they fell through the Clinton administration, and the Bush administration, and each successive administration has said that somehow these communities are gonna regenerate and they have not. So it’s not surprising then that they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren’t like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations.
This is our new President's actually ideas and thoughts on guns. Total removal of all guns from individuals.

I do not cling to my religion, but I can assure you that I cling to my guns. And I would willingly break the law and keep them if Obama and his leftist cronies in Washington ever made it illegal to own one.

Remember this fact of history:

One of the first things every dictator, every tyrant has done is to remove gun ownership from individuals.

An armed population keeps the government from becoming an dictatorship.

1 comment:

Right Truth said...

The truth is no one will ever know that I carry a gun ... unless they attack me and I have to use it. That is true for a large majority of American citizens. No one knows because we don't flaunt our weapons, they are for defense, nothing more.

Debbie Hamilton
Right Truth